A lovely festive cake to offer as an alternative to traditional fruit cake at Christmas. Quick and easy to make, it makes a lovely centre piece for the Christmas tea-time table.
You Will Need:
1 x swiss roll cake (Either bought, or prepared as (swiss roll recipe
1 x quantity of chocolate butter cream
Icing sugar for dredging
Festive decorations of your choice i.e. holly sprigs, robins, santas etc
1. Cut the end off the swiss roll, starting at about 1.5" in from one end at about a 45 degree angle.
2. Lay the cut-off piece down the side of the main swiss roll, slightly in from one end so that it looks like a branch. Place the angled side flush with the swiss roll body.
3. Once you have it looking the way you want it, fix in place with a little of the butter cream.
4. Spread the rest of the butter cream over the entire swiss roll, not forgetting the ends.
5. Using the back of a fork, drag lines up the length of the log to give a bark effect, use the fork to create circles on the ends to give the appearance of a cut log.
6. Seive a small amount of icing sugar over the top to give the appearance of a snow dusting.
7. Arrange your Festive decorations and enjoy!
Here are some products related to this article: