These peanut butter cupcakes have a nice, light texture, combining a sweet and salty taste. Easy to make, with a subtle hint of peanut butter, they are great for parties, or a Saturday treat!
1oz (27g) Butter
4oz (110g) Soft brown sugar
2oz (55g)Crunchy Peanut butter
1 Egg (lightly beaten)
1/2tsp Vanilla Essence
4oz (110g) Plain flour - Sifted
1tsp Baking powder
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C, 350 deg F, Gas Mark 4
2. Place 6 Cupcake cases in a Cupcake/Muffin tray and set to one side
3. Cream the butter, peanut butter and sugar together until combined thoroughly
4. Add the egg a little at a time, then add the vanilla essence and stir
5. Combine the baking powder with the flour
6. Fold in the flour a tablespoon at a time, alternating with a little of the milk
7. When all the ingredients are combined, spoon the mixture into the prepared cake cases, dividing the mixture equally.
8. Place in the centre of the pre-heated oven and bake for 25 minutes until well risen and golden brown.
9. Check the cakes are cooked through by inserting a cake tester or skewer into the centre of the cake. when you take the skewer out, it should be clean, with no raw mixture clinging to it.
10. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
Chocolate Fudge Icing:
2oz (50g) Butter or margarine
2 Tablespoons Milk
8oz (250g) icing sugar (sifted)
2 Tablespoons cocoa powder (sifted)
1. Place the butter or margarine and the milk in a saucepan and heat gently until the butter has melted.
2. Add the icing sugar and the cocoa butter and beat until smooth and silky.
3. Allow to cool completely, beating regularly to prevent a skin from forming.
4. Place in a piping bag with a large star nozzle and pipe in a swirl onto the cupcake.